Asociación de Desarrollo, Comercio Alternativo y Microcrédito, is an international non-profit association, established in 2005 in Spain and in 2013 in the US, under the name of Development Alternative Trade and Microcredit Association Inc. -TAX ID : 46-2854742-, both in order to develop cooperation projects and social responsibility initiatives.
MISSION AND VALUES
The empowerment of the community and the sustainability of the actions carried out is part of the way ADCAM understands cooperation.
– We believe in education as a tool to build a better future by creating job opportunities for girls and boys.
– We believe in empowering women as an engine of change and development.
– We believe in Fair Trade as a development cooperation tool.
– We believe in building a development approach oriented towards equity and the full and universal exercise of human rights for equal opportunities for all people and peoples.
– We believe in respect for the ecosystem as the only guarantee of environmental conservation and sustainability.
– We believe in accompanying and sustaining the culture of indigenous communities to protect the cultural origin of individuals.
OUR PILLARS OF WORK
The Sustainable Development Goals, also known by their acronym SDGs, are an initiative promoted by the United Nations to give continuity to the development agenda after the Millennium Development Goals. According to the SDGs proposed by the United Nations, all countries have the opportunity to adopt a set of global goals to eradicate poverty, protect the planet and ensure prosperity for all.
ADCAM is part of the campaign and adheres in 2014 to the sustainable development goals, working hard on its projects to achieve these same goals: the eradication of poverty, inequality and discrimination.
From our Solidarity Camp and with the community, we work to protect, restore and promote the sustainable use of terrestrial ecosystems, sustainably manage forests, combat desertification and stop and reverse land degradation, and stop the loss of biological diversity, as well as taking urgent measures to combat climate change and its effects through multiple measures such as waste management, the elimination of plastics, and in general care for the environment through non-invasive practices that harm the ecosystem.
The project to support artisan women promotes sustained, inclusive and sustainable economic growth, full and productive employment, and decent work for all.
Likewise, the school project and the proposal to launch the ADCAM MARA VISION TECHNICAL INSTITUTE directly affect the promotion of inclusive and equitable quality education, and promote lifelong learning opportunities for all.
In the same way, actions aimed at preventive health within the community guarantee a healthy life and promote well-being for everyone at all ages.